About JJ Churchill
Founded by Walter Churchill on Christmas Day 1937, Churchill Components, as the company was originally known, was based in Coventry and supplied machined parts such as exhaust values for radial aero-engines to Armstrong-Siddeley.
After being blitzed out of Coventry in 1941, the company re-located to Market Bosworth and following the loss of Walter Churchill during the air defence of Malta in 1942, the company was taken on by his young wife Joyce. Having worked closely with Sir Frank Whittle in the 1930s the transition to gas turbine work was a natural step and compressor blades became a core product from the mid-40s.
Today, the business is located on the same 32,000 sq. metre site and is firmly rooted in the local community, supporting the annual Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, The Bosworth Arts Festival, Bosworth In Bloom, the Christmas Fair and many other local school, sports and community projects (see Our Community).
Under the About drop-down menu, our Mission highlights the importance our business places on its employees, without whom we could not succeed in the demanding markets in which we have chosen to compete. Our Values represents the ethos of the business through the attitudes and behaviours we wish to encourage, and was jointly input into by all employees. Celebration of success is reflected in the Awards presented by both our customers and industry peer group. JJ Churchill is an active member of a number of business associations, each offering a broad base of sector-specific expertise from which to draw (see Our Links).